[ecasound] jack transport rewind

From: Al Steffens <apsteffe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 04 2010 - 14:43:16 EET

What special considerations are required to rewind ecasound with jack?
I start my jack client which listens for available ecasound ports. Then
I run

ecasound -c -i foo.wav -o jack,myclient

My client finds ecasound and connects to its ports. I run
'engine-launch' at the EIAM command line. Now my client calls
jack_transport_start(). Ecasound begins. Ecasound plays the file. Now
EIAM 'engine-status' reports finished. My client calls
jack_transport_reposition() with the jack_position_t 'usecs' member set
to 0. Now EIAM 'engine-status' reports stopped. My client calls
jack_transport_start() again. Should ecasound start playing again? Thanks.

Al