Re: [ecasound] Compiling problems with git

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 18 2010 - 19:56:05 EET

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Klaus Schulz wrote:

> I do get a compilation error when compiling from git. ( Perhaps I've
> overdone it with below disable-config?)

thanks for the report (and sorry for the late response)! There are
actually two distinct bugs here. Both are now fixed in the public git tree
at sf.net (I'll push to the seul.org as well as soon as the seul.org git
is back online). The related commits are:

960c9dfd18c7a4184454d2ce66652307c69fce99 Fix build error when compiling without liblo
395d2a608649d55dec9fb2b23279ca137739735f Properly include <cstdio> in ecasound.cpp

> ecasound.cpp: In destructor ?ECASOUND_RUN_STATE::~ECASOUND_RUN_STATE()?:
> ecasound.cpp:186: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:
> ecasound.cpp:186: warning: invalid use of incomplete type ?struct ECA_OSC_INTERFACE?

This comes when compiling without liblo (a recently added new optional
dependency for OSC support).

> ecasound.cpp: In function ?void ecasound_parse_command_line(ECASOUND_RUN_STATE*, const COMMAND_LINE&, COMMAND_LINE*)?:
> ecasound.cpp:594: error: ?stdout? was not declared in this scope
> ecasound.cpp:595: error: ?fprintf? was not declared in this scope

While this is triggered by compiling with a strict compiler (like very
recent gcc's): old gcc's let one be sloppy and not explicitly include
<cstdio> header, but that's no longer the case with latest gcc version.