Re: [ecasound] multiple input objects

From: Matt Barber <brbrofsvl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 23:38:41 EET

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> Hello Matt!
>  If you want to do this with ecasound, it shouldn't be a problem, just use
> several chains.
> ecasound -a:1 -f:16,2,44100 -i resample-hq,96000,input.wav -o
> output44100.wav -a:2 -f:16,2,22050 -i resample-hq,96000,input.wav -o
> output22050.wav
>  Or whatever you use for resampling. This should theoretically work. If you
> want to open the file only once... Perhaps you might use loops, but I'm not
> sure on that one.

Thanks! But, what if I would like to open the file using libsndfile
AND resample it within one chain? I'm not sure it's possible since to
do each you need a special input object:

I've tried something like this, but I'm not sure it's possible to get
both things into the chain:

ecasound -f:f32_le,2,44100 -i:sndfile,input.wav resample-hq,96000 -o:output.wav

etc.

I have a feeling that I'd have to have two separate instances and a named pipe:

mkfifo fifo.wav

ecasound -f:f32_le,2,44100 -i:resample-hq,96000,fifo.wav -o:output.wav &
## this process should run until an EOF is piped through

ecasound -f:f32_le,2,96000 -i:sndfile,input.wav -o:fifo.wav

rm fifo.wav

I haven't tried this yet, so I'm not even sure this will work.

The only reason I need this is because I'm writing floats from 16-bit
files, and libsndfile handles the int->float conversion differently
than does ecasound, and all the rest of my eventual processing will be
done using csound which reads in and out via libsndfile.

Thanks again,

Matt