[ecasound] Inaccurate reporting of length

From: linux media 4 <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 22:50:23 EEST

Hi,

I see you may be ready for another release soon. I was hoping to have
this squeezed in.

This may not seem important, but it is if you're building a Front End.

If you run...
ecasound -c -f:16,1,44100 -i:jack,system -f:16,1,44100 -o:test.wav

Then do...
ecasound ('h' for help)> t
ecasound ('h' for help)> s

Then do...
ecalength test.wav
It shows an inaccurate length

But when you either quit ecasound or do Chainsetup/remove/add/connect,
ecalength shows the accurate length.

I've been working with this for a while and I'm certain that the length
that 'ecalength' shows once the chainsetup is removed is correct. And
the difference can be large.

Again... this can be troublesome if you are writing a Front End and need
an updated length without interrupting the chainsetup.

Thanks,
Rocco