Re: [ecasound] Multitrack Recording via Control Interface

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 22:46:28 EEST

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Markus Luttenberger wrote:

> Now I wanted to develop a small C++ user interface around it but my
> commands don't work. Either the program does nothing or it hangs. This
> is what I've got so far:

you already solved the actual problem, but for future reference, there are
a couple of tool/tricks available to debug ECI problems:

- ECASOUND_LOGFILE is useful
     - see e.g. ecasound(1) man page and for instance
       http://www.eca.cx/ecasound-list/2006/06/0003.html
- the "int-log-history" ECI command, inserted at an appropriate
   place can reveal what is going on
- more in the ECI programmer's guide:
     - http://www.eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/programmers_guide/html_ecidoc/eci_doc.html#htoc46