[ecasound] AUTHORS-file (was: Re: ten years since 1.1.4r1!)

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 05 2009 - 14:59:13 EEST

Hi all,

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> One reason, why I wanted to still write a mail today, was to highlight the
> AUTHORS file:
> http://eca.cx/ecasound/authors.php
>
> In other words I want to thank the long list of people who have
> contributed to Ecasound during the years! Aside people already mentioned

thanks to a private mail I got after the ten year post, I now realized
that the AUTHORS file is not quite up-to-date. Starting from the 2.2.1
release, I've been tracking contributors in the release notes (as the
release notes get much more publicity than the AUTHORS file -> posted to
linux-audio-annonce list and usually end up in lwn.net weekly news). I
kicked this off with:

  "Vanity Appeal :)"
  http://eca.cx/ecasound-list/2003/01/0048.html

The smiley is still in order, as I do think giving credits properly is a
critical thing for any open-source project. We all benefit from
contributions (not just patches, but all kind of help that pushes the
project forward), so the least we can do is to list the people who have
helped.

So I've now collected list of all contributors (altogether 90 people!)
from the release notes (since 2.2.1) and added them to the AUTHORS file.
This way the full list of people gets also distributed along with the
release tarballs (the original release notes are not included).

So here's a verbatim copy of the added segment (also online at
http://eca.cx/ecasound/authors.php and committed to the git repo):

--cut--
Contributions - Patches, Bug Hunting and Feature Proposals

Starting from 2.2.1 release (in Feb/2003), contributors have
been listed in the release notes. For all past releases notes,
see:

   - http://eca.cx/relnotes/

Below is a list of all contributors to 2.2.1 and beyond, collected
from the published releases notes, and listed in the order they appear
in the release notes:

Junichi Uekawa
Kai Vehmanen
Janne Halttunen