Re: [ecasound] 24 channel wav file through jack

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 22:38:24 EEST

Hi,

btw, thanks for the patch, I'll merge it soonish to the git tree.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

> I've run into a problem playing multi-channel wav files through jack. Playing
> 24 individual files works fine but requires a rather long command. Mixing them
> together then playing the 24 channel file results in the below error.
[...]
> $ ecasound -a:1 -i:mixed.wav -o:jack,system
> ...snip...
> ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup:
> AUDIOIO-WAVE: Only
> ... WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT are supported."

How have you created the file? The trace message seems to indicate the
file does not have the common PCM file header (maybe it's in w64 format,
or something similar).

Anyways, the cure is easy and that's to use libsndfile for RIFF WAVE
parsing. I.e.:

sh> ecasound -a:1 -i:sndfile,mixed.wav -o:jack,system

If you have have libsndfile utils installed, you can get some additional
info about the file with:

sh> sndfile-info mixed.wav