[ecasound] muting individual jack ports on completion

From: Jeremy Hughes <jedahu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 07:21:45 EEST

Hi,

I've discovered that when playing signals of different length, the jack port
corresponding to the shorter signal is not muted on completion, but keeps
playing from the buffer (in my case this translates to a repeated loop of
the
last 0.1 seconds of the signal).

If I understand the code correctly, this happens because in
audioio_jack_manager.cpp, muting is done on a jack-wide basis. If this
condition
is false (current->engine_repp->status() !=
ECA_ENGINE::engine_status_finished),
all jack output ports are muted (line 435 in v2_6_0).

I've poked around a bit, but can't figure out how to do this on a per port
basis. I'd like to contribute a patch (time constraints permitting),
but I need a
few clues as to where to start.

Cheers,

Jeremy