Re: [ecasound] 2.7.0-dev snapshot and JackOSX

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 21:07:34 EEST

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Oliver Oli wrote:

> the snapshot doesn't play well with jack. Ecasound eats all evailable
> CPU time and prints a lot of
>
> JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 4
[...]
> An older ecasound v2.5.2 does work normally.

I've started writing a reply to you on this a couple of times already, but
then got stuck at the first sentence, as I honestly have no clue what
could be happening. :P

There has been no changes to JACK support between 2.5.2 and the latest 2.7
snapshot (aside client port naming), and JACK support works fine on my
system (although with jack1, not the new jack 1.9.x that you are using on
OS X).

But, but, there are quite a few changes to the core engine code (after
2.6.0), so regressions are possible. But unless I can reproduce the
problem on my local setup, finding the cause will be quite challenging.
Probably the best place to start is for me to try the latest git/snasphot
with jack 1.9.x and see how that works. I'll report back once I've done
that...