Re: [ecasound] how to upmix mono audio to stereo?

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 04:00:15 EEST

[snip]

> aha, ok... cool
> However, does copy overwrite existing channel data? Since I don't
know
> until runtime what files will be mono or stereo, how can I do this?
> (short of obvious extra analyzing steps in my logic to change the
> command line)
>
> Thank you VERY much, I wasn't sure if I needed to use this option for
> the reason I stated above.

Yep, -chcopy will overwrite the existing channel data, so you need to
know whether you have a mono or stereo file before deciding whether or
not to use it. I can't think of any way within ecasound to achieve this
automatically. But you could use sox or sndfile-info from the command
line to tell you how many channels your file has and construct a command
line accordingly. It's a bit of a pain, but should be possible.

Good luck!

Stuart