Re: [ecasound] Problems with 24/96 over stdin

From: <kls.schlz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 23 2009 - 08:37:54 EEST

Hi Kai.

> well, I don't really agree with that.

I think there is nothing to agree upon. The fact is (now I am talking about
the 24bit formats only) you're using different terminology and further the
ALSA S24_LE is just not existing. You might call it
inconsistency rather then non-compliancy.

As a matter of fact brutefir lacks currently the same format. There is a
S24_4LE but that's the same then S32_LE ( Though I think this is bug)

As a bit more then average user I just need to bring it all together and
this is for obvious reasons not that easy.
Less experienced people will get quickly annoyed by something like the
discussed topic.

Anyhow - Keep up your great work. It would be great to find a 24bit-4byte
format sooner or later within ecasound. Until then I' ll use the workaround.

BTW: All my findings are communicated in a Linux-Audio-Wiki, what I
maintain for the DIY-Audio-Forum community. All this is also discussed over
there.

Cheers
Klaus