Re: [ecasound] Problems with 24/96 over stdin

From: <kls.schlz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 14:38:54 EEST

The issue: "aplay" S24_LE can cope with the MPD output. MPD folks won't see
a problem here. Alsa is setting the scene.

I proposed to the MPD folks already to introduce S24_3LE as output format
or even just not to change the 3LE incoming format.

As I wrote yesterday, to me it seems, that there is a confusion in the
Linux world about the different 24bits formats.
At least brutefir and ecasound doesn't seem to be 100% compliant to todays
Alsa formats or terminology.
I'll have a look at Sox to check what these guys are doing.

Cheers Klaus