[ecasound] Not getting it

From: Dave Serls <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 20:50:35 EEST

I'm trying to replace the first few seconds of a wav file with
another few seconds (which might be slightly longer). Is there an interactive way
that I can use to do this -- alternatively activating the input for chain 1
(the patch file) as I listen, adn copying to the output file, then stopping the input for chain 1,
then activating the input for chain 2, just listening and not writing output until the moment
when I want concatenation?

This would seem a common editing request, right?