[ecasound] Plea for a new controller

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 21:28:04 EEST

Hello all!
   What do you know of OSC? Do you use it? Use it often? Would it be a
convenience? These questions are just put forward here, so someone else won't
have to do it later.
   I was thinking, that it might be nice to have an OSC controller in Ecasound.
I know a couple of software pieces, that use OSC and I know people, who do
great things with it.
   Why was I thinking of it: It's about a mastering setup, which of course has
a lot of effects and thus a lot of parameters. So you could realtime control
them the easy way with MIDI (fine with me) or with OSC. I thought OSC might be
nice for those, who don't have MIDI gear. I don't know there were a couple of
OSC tools around and with a GUI and libosc it looks simple to me to create an
app, that could map mouse movement to OSC controller. I didn't write anything
OSC yet, but I read some code. And if the basic DSSI GUIs are any indication,
QT looks simple enough, if you're up for a simple task.
   So what would you say: good idea, helpful or unintersting. and of course
Kai: would it be dificult to manage? Could you use some of the km logic for it
or is it totally different and problematic to fit into ecasound's concept.
   I hope, I haven't been to bothersome...
   All the best,
         Julien

--------