Re: [ecasound] upgrade to 2.6.0, now this command line does not work.

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 23:53:59 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Jason Galyon wrote:

> /opt/local/bin/ecasound -a:0
> -i:resample,auto,playat,0,select,0,16,/Users/jayson/tmp/pymgen_tmp/SPGTgL/audio-Z5ThCm.mp3
> -a:1

I tried a similar (not identical as I don't have your mp3 files -- e.g.
their length might matter) setup and it worked fine on my system. The
interfaces for the audio objects used (resample,playat,select,mp3) have
not changed in 2.6.0, although many bugs in the implementation have been
fixed.

Does a simpler setup, e.g. o

sh /opt/local/bin/ecasound -a:0 \
   -i:resample,auto,playat,0,select,0,16,/Users/jayson/tmp/pymgen_tmp/SPGTgL/audio-Z5ThCm.mp3 \
   -o:foo.mp3

.. work?

> [* Chainsetup created (cmdline) *]
> (eca-session) NOTE: Unable to create a valid chainsetup from the
> command-line arguments.
> (eca-chainsetup) Unable to connect: Chain "0" is not valid. Following
> errors were detected:
> (eca-chainsetup) Chain "0" is not connected to any output. All chains
> must have exactly one valid output. (2.2-NO-CHAIN-OUTPUT)
> (eca-chainsetup) Unable to connect: Chain "1" is not valid. Following
> errors were detected:
> (eca-chainsetup) Chain "1" is not connected to any output. All chains
> must have exactly one valid output. (2.2-NO-CHAIN-OUTPUT)
> (eca-chainsetup) Unable to connect: Chain "2" is not valid. Following
> errors were detected:
> (eca-chainsetup) Chain "2" is not connected to any output. All chains
> must have exactly one valid output. (2.2-NO-CHAIN-OUTPUT)
> (eca-chainsetup) Unable to connect: Chain "3" is not valid. Following
> errors were detected:
> (eca-chainsetup) Chain "3" is not connected to any input. All chains
> must have exactly one valid input. (2.1-NO-CHAIN-INPUT)

It would seem creating the inputs failed, but is is really odd that you
don't get any errors about it -- this hints at some of params passed
incorrectly for some reason.

You could try also taking a debug log by adding "-dd" to the command-line,
and sending that log to me (preferably private mail, as the log will be
quite big).