Re: [ecasound] Git compile problems

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 22:13:54 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Klaus Schulz wrote:

> usr/src/ecasound/ecasound-git/pyecasound/pyecasound.c:49: undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
> .libs/pyecasound.o: In function `pyeca_control_del':
> /usr/src/ecasound/ecasound-git/pyecasound/pyecasound.c:200: undefined reference to `PyObject_Free'
> .libs/pyecasound.o:(.data.rel+0x4): undefined reference to `PyType_Type'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

hmm, this is a new error to me. I would be interested in the following
info:

- the summary printed when you run './configure' .. i.e. what comes
   after "Following features were selected:"
- version of python (and if multiple versions are installed, version
   of python-dev - i.e. the package providing the main Python.h header

If you don't need native python support, you should be able to get rid of
this error by passing "--disable-pyecasound" to configure.

> 1. It also seems that the tags are not properly maintained on the git repo. "git tag" last entry is v2.4.6.1

Thanks, pushed the missing tags to the public repo (and updated my
release script so future tags will be pushed right away)!

> 2. On the homepage/downloads git install instructions there is typo.
> autogen-cvs.sh is called autogen-vc.sh nowadays.

And this is fixed as well. Thanks!