Re: [ecasound] LADSPA latency ouput value

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 11:19:01 EET

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:30:18PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> you can at least the display the "latency" param value at the end of
> processing by doing something like:
>
> echo -e "run \n cop-status \n quit" |ecasound -c -i foo.wav -o null -eli:1913,0,0,0.5
>
> Using this automatically to offset the chain latency is then another
> thing, and will require changes to ecasound.

Hi Kai,

I see that running the engine for even one second is enough
for cop-status to report the LADSPA plugin latencies.

It will be very simple to parse that output and apply
the appropriate compensation using the Artificial Latency
plugin. I'll be putting that feature into Nama :-)

It will also help to know the latency associated with a loop
device. Can you tell me how it is determined?

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth