Re: [ecasound] Problem with ecasound on CentOS 5.2, x86_64

From: MHR <mhullrich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 01:01:51 EET

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Jason White <jason@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> MHR <mhullrich@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> (eca-engine) WARNING: An output object has raised an error! Possible
>> causes: Out
>> ... of disk space, permission denied, unable to launch external
>> applications needed in
>> ... processing, etc.
>
> and the program which failed was lame.

Ah - how can I tell that?

> Try running lame manually. If that fails, it should help you to track down the
> problem.

Works fine.

> Also, check for disk space, permissions, etc., as helpfully suggested in the
> error message.

I have tons of disk space on all mounted partitions, the mp3 file I am
trying to modify has just been written in the current working
directory, and the temp output is built in /tmp, all of which have the
right permissions:

[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ pwd
/home/flash
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ ll -d .
drwxr-xr-x 5 mhr users 4096 Feb 17 00:03 ./
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ ll -d /tmp
drwxrwxrwt 29 root root 4096 Feb 17 14:50 /tmp/
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ which ecasound
/usr/local/bin/ecasound
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ ll /usr/local/bin/ecasound
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 13209437 Feb 16 13:11 /usr/local/bin/ecasound*
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ which lame
/usr/bin/lame
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ ll /usr/bin/lame
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 98373 Nov 9 15:56 /usr/bin/lame*
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ lame -v
LAME 64bits version 3.98.2 (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
[mhr@email-addr-hidden flash]$ yum list | grep -i lame
lame.x86_64 3.98.2-1.el5.rf installed
lame-devel.x86_64 3.98.2-1.el5.rf installed
twolame.x86_64 0.3.12-1.el5.rf installed

What puzzles me is that this worked perfectly a couple of weeks ago,
and I have changed nothing in between except OS updates, and I just
downloaded, built and installed the L&G ecasound. AFAIK, none of
those affected the underlying support at all. (I'll doublecheck
that....)

Is there anything else that might explain this? Missing app in the
ecasound set (wag)?

Please let me know if you need any more information - files,
locations, permissions, etc.

Thanks!

mhr