Re: [ecasound] The install troubles

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 20:53:22 EET

Hi,

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Another thing came up at my friend's. He ran the autogen-vc.sh. He saw
> amongst others this;
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
> [just so you know]
> Then he did:
> ./configure
> which resulted in:
> ./configure: line 1758: syntax error near unexpected token `1.6.1'
> ./configure: line 1758: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(1.6.1)'

hmm, hmm, I think autotool installation is somehow broken. Does he have
all three - autoconf, automake and libtool - installed...?

Anyways, I'll modernize ecasound's configure.in a bit and put

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.6.1])

... to the tree. This is the "more correct" syntax nowadays, but my
autoconf 2.61 (yep, the same version) accepts both variants.