Re: [ecasound] record from usb mic

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 11:32:32 EET

--- On Sun, 1/25/09, chael <mchlwgnr@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> From: chael <mchlwgnr@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: [ecasound] record from usb mic
> To: ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden
> Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 9:46 PM
> i'm trying to record input from a usb headset on a mac.
> i'm running jack,
> but i dont know how to get it to take the input from the
> usb headset
> (although it's set to the usb headest in systems
> preferences). i think the
> problem may be that jack doesn't recognize this input
> device. does anyone
> know what i need to to?
> michael.

I think you have posted your question to a yet wrong list.

First make sure your microphone works - assuming you are on Linux you may try to get help from ALSA users list.

If/when you make your microphone at all work, you can try to make it work
under JACK - they have their own list - I guess.

Do you really need to use your microphone through JACK ?

Well, anyway, when/if your microphone works under JACK, and if you still
have problems with 'ecasound' in conjunction with JACK, you should ask
questions here.

Regards,
  Sergei.