Re: [ecasound] record with ecasound on a mac

From: Julian Peterson <julianpeterson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 15:58:30 EET

Hi Michael. We may have reached the limits of my being able to help.
The jack server, in addition to routing audio, has an internal
transport which it uses to sync clients. This is easy to manipulate
with a graphical client such as qjackctl, but I don't know how to
control it from the command line.

The ECI interface is a set of bindings for controlling ecasound from
other programming languages. I've used it before with great success
with python. I notice that tcl isn't on the list of included
languages though:

http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/programmers_guide/html_ecidoc/eci_doc.html

As I'm not a tcl user, we've reached the precipice of my
usefulness. : )

Good luck.