Re: [ecasound] record with ecasound on a mac

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 01:06:06 EET

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 05:16:50PM -0500, chael wrote:
> thanks, after rebuilding ecasound, it's now working.
>
> i have an additional question re: one of your previous posts though:
>
> i want to call ecasound to start recording from tcl, and then, after key was
> pressed, to stop recording. if i just use the command
>
> ecasound - jack_auto -o ./somefile.wav
>
> how do i stop recording afterwards?

> this is probably a trivial problem, but i'm not familiar yet with ecasound
> and can't figure it out from the documentation page.

Chael,

A quick solution would be: killall -15 ecasound

Ecasound does have an interface (ECI) providing access to
the Ecasound libraries other programming languages.

I don't know the specifics for Tcl, however, you could
certainly find out by looking into Tkeca, a front end for
Ecasound written in Tcl/Tk.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tkeca/

Regards,

Joel