[ecasound] Loop device behavior oddity

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 11:39:07 EET

Hello Everyone,

I was troubleshooting some problems with Nama, and it
looks like I'm also having problems with Ecasound's
loop device.

With the chain setup below, started natively under Ecasound
2.5.2, I can playback the setup okay, and repositioning
commands work while the engine is running.

Once the engine run is finished, however, if I setpos 0,
then start, I get this warning, reprinted a jillion times:

(audioio-loop) WARNING: Multiple writes without reads!

Then the following:

(eca-engine) all inputs finished - stop
(eca-engine) Request stop
(eca-engine) stopping engine operation!
(audioio_alsa) stop - alsa.
(audioio-db-server) stop
(audioio-db-server) wait_for_client_activity failed
(eca-engine) Signaling stop

# ecasound chainsetup file

# general

-B auto -r -z:mixmode,sum -z:db

# audio inputs

-a:1 -i:loop,111
-a:3 -f:s16_le,1,44100 -i:/test.wav

# post-input processing

-a:3 -chcopy:1,2

# audio outputs

-a:1 -f:s16_le,2,44100,i -o:alsa,default
-a:3 -o:loop,111

--
Joel Roth