Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.5.2 wrongly displayes clipping info ?

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 22:36:02 EEST

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.5.2 wrongly displayes clipping info ?
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
> Cc: ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden
> Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 12:32 PM

[snip]

> So one option would be to remove the "clipping
> detection" code altogether
> from ecasound (as it's not as useful anymore, and
> potentially misleading).
> An alternative implementation would be to relocate the code
> input/output stages (where samples are converted from/to to
> the internal
> float sample format).

[snip]
.

Actually, I need clipping detection - this is because my plugins change
peak level, furthermore, due to very complex nature of processing the
change depends on input signal and is unpredictable.

So, I just wanted to measure peak level on per song basis and to normalize
the songs accordingly.

In practical terms, I'm going to ignore the number of clipped samples
info and to use peak amplitudes/Max gain without clipping info.

Thanks,
  Sergei.