[ecasound] downsampling 44khz live jack input to 8khz

From: Adeel N <adeeln@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 13:00:48 EEST

Hi,
  I have an m-audio usb mobilepre, and have JACK running at 16bit, 44.1khz stereo with no problems. I can even get ecasound to record from jack and do all the basic tasks, but I can't seem to find a way to take the 16bit 44.1khz input from JACK and get ecasound to output an 8khz mono (u-law) format. I've tried using the resample-hq method on the input & output, but to no avail. Using the command: ecasound -i jack_alsa -f 8,1,8000 -o mono.wav gets me an 8 bit, mono stream but at 44.1khz still. I can't seem to find any information on downsampling in linux, or even any program that can do it via CLI for that matter. If anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

Adeel