[ecasound] audio dropouts whith ECI

From: Oliver Oli <oliver.oli+0815@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 10:08:05 EEST

Last thing that bugs me: I'm using ecasound from Python that receives
OSC messages and translates them to c-select and cop-set commands for
ecasound. For testing I sent an OSC message every 10ms, which led to
dropouts every few seconds. Jack (on Linux) displays no xruns at all
and CPU load is reasonably low. Seems to me that the problem lies
somewhere in ecasound. Or can my Python script somehow block ecasound?
I can also reproduce this on OS X and with the Ruby eci lib.