Re: [ecasound] adding several seconds of silence at the end - is it possible ?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 11:18:46 EEST

Hi,

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Julien Claassen wrote:

> ecasound -i input -o output -t:15.000 [ladspa_plugin]
> -t controls how long ecasound is running, if the -t value is longer than the

that won't do it I'm afraid. Once 'input' is finished, processing stops as
that's the only input available. You can work around by having another
dummy chain that keep the engine going. It's a hack but works:

ecasound -a:real -i input -o output [ladspa_plugin] \
   -a:dummy -i null -o null -t:15

Another way to achieve similar result:

ecasound -a:real -i input -o output [ladspa_plugin] \
   -a:dummy -i select,0,15,null -o null

.... of course it'd be nicer if we had a feature to add X secs at the
end, but currently there is no such thing (-> you need to calculate the
total length of processing).