[ecasound] adding several seconds of silence at the end - is it possible ?

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 21 2008 - 10:56:20 EEST

Hello All,

I am using ecasound with a LADSPA plugin which has a pretty long buffer -
several seconds of audio.

So, when ecasound finishes playing a file, part of audio stream in in the
buffer, and next file being played flushes that buffer. This all is normal,
it works this way by design. Next file is played by another ecasound
process, i.e. when ecasound is invoked yet another time to play the next
input file if any.

But I want the whole input file to be processed not having its tail appearing
with the next input file.

so, a simple solution will be to kind of concatenate input file with
several seconds of silence/zeros at the end.

I went through ecasound manual and examples and I don't quite have an idea
how to do this.

Is it possible ? If yes, is it related to sequencing ?

Can I specify on command line a sequence of files to be played ? If yes,
then I can have a precooked file with zeros and to alway playing afte the
real audio file.

I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,
  Sergei.