Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.5.0: suspicious diagnostic message WRT LADSPA plugin numeric ID

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 22:51:17 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> However, this message:
>
> (eca-object-map) match (1): 1020 to regexp 1020
>
> makes me feel uneasy - 1020 is numeric ID of one of the two LADSPA plugins
> I'm using; the other plugin has 1010 numeric ID, so in this particular
> case there is no danger of false match.

that's a very good question. Fortunately it _does_ work correctly still.
The ecasound object maps (ECA_OBJECT_MAP class) provide a registry of
objects that can be looked up with strings. Now while regexps are
supported, the maps can be used without them as well. And this is exactly
what is done for LADSPA plugins - the strings must match exactly (i.e. no
substring matching).

One thing I fixed in current git tree is the way LADSPA id
numbers are registered to maps. Although this doesn't have any functional
impact, it will make the above trace message seem more sane.

PS Yahoo has blocked temporarily blocked my ISPs mail gateway, so
    you might only get this mail via the list... :( Hopefully this
    is resolved soon.