[ecasound] Help me troubleshoot my recording.

From: Oliver Oli <oliver.oli+0815@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 12:41:25 EEST

is the playtime of the file the expected time or is it shorter? i never
heard some corrupt file like this, but it sounds for me a little like
fast forwarding on a cd player. or the samples are just shuffled
around. the first thing i would try is recording from analog input and
see if that changes anything. if your problems disappear it's not
ecasound, could still be alsa, but most probably the problem is
outside of the computer. maybe:

- replace the optical cable
- try non-optical output, if you have coax (RCA) digital out
- test another receiver
- update firmware of receiver if thats possible

if it still happens with analog in, it's ecasound or alsa or
combination of both:
- try another recording software
- you could put jack before ecasound. this shouldn't make any
difference, but who knows