Re: [ecasound] mix some.mp3 with my sough and output that to someother.mp3

From: Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 21:36:48 EEST

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
>> --- On Wed, 8/13/08, Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>>> I wish to mix some.mp3 with my sough that I'm being
>>> recorded when I'm
>>> lessoning some.mp3 and that together to save as to output
>>> file
>>> someother.mp3.
>>>
>>> Let me explain.
>>> I start some.mp3 and lesson that song.
>>> In the same time I sough this melodie.
>>> I want to mix some.mp3 and my sough to someother.mp3.
>
>> I suggest to start from here:
>>
>> http://eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#mixing
>
> OK
>
> What's wrong with this command:
>
> ecasound -a:1 -i Emborian.mp3 \
> -a:1 -o loop,1 \
> -a:2,3 -i loop,1 \
> -a:4 -i /dev/dsp \
> -a:2 -o /dev/dsp \
> -a:3,4 -o Emborian_Futty.wav
>
> I get the following error:
>
> (eca-chainsetup) Multitrack-mode enabled.
> (eca-chainsetup) 'rt' buffering mode selected.
> (eca-chainsetup) Audio object "Emborian.mp3", mode "read".
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
> (eca-chainsetup) Audio object "loop,1", mode "read".
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
> (eca-chainsetup) Audio object "/dev/dsp", mode "read".
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
> (eca-chainsetup) Audio object "loop,1", mode "read".
> (audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
> (eca-oss): Device or resource busy
> ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup:
> AUDIOIO-OSS: unable to
> ... open OSS-device to O_RWONLY (29)"

After I Close the WMMixer application, the command

sudo ecasound -r -a:1 -i Emborian.mp3 \
-a:2 -i /dev/dsp -a:1 -o loop,1 \
-a:3,4 -i loop,1 -a:3,2 -o Emborian_Futty.wav \
-a:4 -o /dev/dsp

works now but in the mixed Emborian_Futty.wav there my sough be
overdue from Emborian.mp3.

The real time -r option don't works, right?

uname -a
... 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-686 #1 SMP

Maybe my linux-image can't to deal with realtime work?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi