[ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 and two named pipes one of which being unused

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 04:25:03 EEST

Hello All,

I am running two instances of ecasound connecting them through a named pipe,
in this case the pipe name being ecasound_fifo.raw.

The above setup works just fine for me, the ecasound_fifo.raw resides in
current working directory.

If I just create another pipe, say, called some_fifo.raw, the above setup
hangs and in STDERR (I am using -D in both instances) I see only this:

"
* ecasound v2.4.6.1 (C) 1997-2007 Kai Vehmanen and others
[* Session created *]
[* Chainsetup created (cmdline) *]
* ecasound v2.4.6.1 (C) 1997-2007 Kai Vehmanen and others
[* Session created *]
[* Chainsetup created (cmdline) *]
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Setting buffersize to (samples) 4096.
[* Connecting chainsetup *]
(eca-chainsetup) 'nonrt' buffering mode selected.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "file.flac", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
(eca-fileio-stream) (eca-fileio-stream) fseek() error! (lfs).
(eca-fileio-stream) (eca-fileio-stream) fseek() error! (lfs).
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "/home/sergei/GenericBinauralFFTW/work/ecasound_fifo.raw", mode "read/write".
(audio-io) Format: f32_le, channels 4, srate 44100, interleaved.
[* Chainsetup connected *]
(eca-control-objects) Connected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
[* Controller/Starting batch processing *]
[* Engine init - Driver start *]
".

The point/problem is that other some_fifo.raw is not used by anybody,
may have whatever base name; 'fuser' shows no users of it.

In my setup the problem is repeatable in 100% cases.

There is a whole bunch of regular file in the same directory.

I'm on SUSE 10.3, ecasound was built by myself.

Did I do something illegal from the point of view of filesystem ?

I created both named pipes manually using 'mkfifo'.

Did I do something illegal from the point of view of filesystem or is it
an ecasound problem ?

Thanks,
  Sergei.