Re: [ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 segfaults when I try to do 2->4 inputchannels mapping

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 02:44:23 EEST

Well, it's a step forward :)

My next suggestion would be to send the output of the chain to a file,
and check to make sure the file has the 4 channels you expect. Then we
can at least be sure that ecasound is doing the mapping correctly.

So something like:
ecasound -a:two_to_four_channels_chain -i track.flac -chmove:2,3
-chcopy:1,2 -chcopy:3,4 -f:16,4,44100 -o:four_channels.flac

Then open fourchannels.flac in your favourite editor to confirm that it
has the four channels we expect.

Next, try using that 4 channel file directly in ecasound, feeding your
plugin:

ecasound -a:four_chan -i:four_channels.flac -el:my_cool_plugin,(some
params) -f:16,4,44100 -o:post_plugin.flac

See how that goes...

If it works okay using a 4 channel file directly but making four
channels on the run doesn't then there could well be a bug in ecasound.

Cheers,
Stuart