[ecasound] ecasound-2.4.6.1 segfaults when I try to do 2->4 input channels mapping

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 00:10:30 EEST

Hello All,

when I run this command line:

~/AFSWD/install/ecasound-2.4.6.1/binsh/ecasound -a:two_to_four_channels_chain -i track.flac -chmove:2,3 -chcopy:1,2 -chcopy:3:4

, I'm getting this:

"

* ecasound v2.4.6.1 (C) 1997-2007 Kai Vehmanen and others
- [ Session created ] ----------------------------------------------------------
- [ Chainsetup created (cmdline) ] ---------------------------------------------
Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "to_channel > 0", audiofx_mixing.cpp, 70.
Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "to_channel > 0", audiofx_mixing.cpp, 70.
- [ Connecting chainsetup ] ----------------------------------------------------
(eca-chainsetup) 'rt' buffering mode selected.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object
... "track.flac",
... mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
(audioio_alsa) Warning! Period-size differs from current client buffersize.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "alsa", mode "write".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
- [ Chainsetup connected ] -----------------------------------------------------
(eca-control-objects) Connected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
- [ Controller/Starting batch processing ] -------------------------------------
Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "to_channel > 0", audiofx_mixing.cpp, 70.
- [ Engine init - Driver start ] -----------------------------------------------
/home/sergei/AFSWD/install/ecasound-2.4.6.1/binsh/ecasound: line 2: 19769 Segmentation fault /home/sergei/AFSWD/install/ecasound-2.4.6.1/bin/ecasound "$@"
".

The same file being played through the same version of ecasound does not
cause it to crash.

My intent was to test a LADSPA plugin of mine which has four inputs
(two "leftish" and two "rightish") and two outputs, for initial debugging
of the plugin it's quite fine to feed "left" into the two "leftish"
and right into the two "rightish"; ecasound crashes both with and without
the plugin, the command line is for the case without the plugin.

ecasound is actually run from an autogenerated shell script, this is
because it's been built by my AppsFromScratch, the autogenerated shell
scripts exist for all the binaries built by AppsFromScratch.

When I play the same file without the channel mapping and ecasound does not
crash, the same shell wrapper is used.

So I'm confident the crash is due to my channel mapping attempt.

Thanks,
  Sergei.