Re: [ecasound] cascading LADSPA plugins with ecasound

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 01:02:19 EEST

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> Probably then ecasound is not a good tool for me.
>
> In my case:
>
> 1) number of channels changes:
>
> --/-->pligin_1--/-->plugin_2--/-->
> 2 4 2

that's not a a problem. From ecasound's point of view, plugin_1 takes two
channels in and four out, and this is perfectly ok. The four channels will
be fed out to plugin_2, and the final result will be written to channels
one and two (these are fed to the chain output).

> b) my implementation of the plugins - they use shared memory to get
> controls, I intentionally did it this way because the native LADSPA
> way is unacceptable for me for again performance reasons.

This is a bit dangerous as you might get compatibility issues with hosts,
but I understand the performance issues as well. So if it's enough to use
it with a limited set of hosts, that should be ok.