Re: [ecasound] pre3 for 2.5.0

From: Linux Media <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 10:49:49 EEST

This works with alsa and fails with jack...

##############################
##############################

With alsa...

bash> ecasound -c
> cs-add count
> -i:Count.wav -o:alsa,hw:1
> cs-select count
> cs-connect
(plays fine)
> cs-add play
> -i:Play.wav -o:alsa,hw:1
> cs-connected
count
> cs-select count
> cs-disconnect
> cs-select play
> cs-connect
(plays fine)

##############################
##############################

with jack...

(start jack)

bash> ecasound -c
> cs-add count
> -i:Count.wav -o:jack_alsa
> cs-select count
> cs-connect
(plays fine)
> cs-add play
> -i:Play.wav -o:jack_alsa
> cs-connected
count
> cs-select count
> cs-disconnect
> cs-select play
> cs-connect

- [ Connecting chainsetup ]
SSE2 detected
(eca-chainsetup) 'rt' buffering mode selected.
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "Play.wav", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 1, srate 48000, interleaved.
cannot read response from jack server (No such file or directory)
SSE2 detected
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "jack_alsa", mode "write".
(audio-io) Format: f32_le, channels 2, srate 48000, noninterleaved.
- [ Chainsetup connected ]
(eca-control-objects) Connected chainsetup: "play".

- [ Controller/Processing started ]
ecasound ('h' for help)> - [ Engine init - Driver start ]
(eca-engine) Using realtime-scheduling (SCHED_FIFO:50).
cannot complete execution of the processing graph (Resource temporarily
unavailable)
zombified - calling shutdown handler
(eca-engine) WARNING: Engine has raised an error! Possible causes:
connection
... lost to system services, unable to adapt to changes in operating
environment, etc.

<ENTER>

- [ Controller/Processing started ]

(QJackCtl show number counting and says "Rolling")

> setpos 0

(jack doesn't respond... keeps playing from last position)

I don't know if it tells you anything, but when I do..

> cs-select play
> cs-connect

In QJackCtl's 'Readable Clients/Output Ports', 'ecasound' disappears and
'ecasound_2' appears