[ecasound] Erratic behavior on jump via ECI with transport rolling

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 08:27:53 EEST

Hello everyone,

For a while I have noticed that when I move the playback
head with IAM forward/rewind/setpos via ECI
(Audio::Ecasound), I encounter delays of two to ten seconds
or longer, depending on how complicated the chain setup is.
Delays are noticeable even with simple setups having no loop
devices.

The chain setups are okay: run directly from Ecasound
command mode I find no such delays on issuing jump commands.

The problems have persisted after I upgraded Ecasound to 2.4.6.1.

When polled during the delay, the engine_status shows 'stopped'.

A partial work-around I found is to stop the transport
before the jump and then to start the transport again.

When I issue jump commands while the transport is moving,
I also notice that sometimes the amount of the jump is
incorrect, (i.e. several minutes, or back to the beginning
instead of 30 seconds). The direction is right.

I'd appreciate any help in tracking down and or solving
these issues.

Also, I compiled Ecasound with debugging... is there a way to
turn it on and log the output when I working via ECI?

Regards,

--
Joel Roth