Re: [ecasound] compile error on osx10.5

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 19:52:58 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Julian Peterson wrote:

> I recently purchased a new macbook and have been thrilled with it.
> I'm trying to build ecasound but an running into this error:
[...]
> ECA_CURSES::init_readline_support()?:
> eca-curses.cpp:123: error: ?rl_completion_func_t? was not declared in
> this scope

hmm, ecasound supports multiple versions of libreadline, but it seems that
it seems that either: a) your libreadline is patched, b) the libreadline
version is detected incorrectly.

> Looks like trouble with readline? I have readline 5.0 installed. Any
> thoughts?

You could first try compiling without libreadline: pass
'--disable-ncurses' to configure.

I think there is something fishy with the libreadline shipped with OS X.
The following mailing list post (plus bug ticket) seems to be related:
http://objectmix.com/graphics/344754-source-compilation-mac-os-x-10-5-leopard.html

... so in other words, it's not a real libreadline, but instead an
emulated one and that is now causing problems.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv