[ecasound] crazy using alsa loopback device

From: Carlos Hernandez <dspcarlos@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 07:20:07 EET

Hi list,

I'm a new ecasound's user, it's an amazing tool.

well, I want to send audio from one application to another using
snd-aloop module (ALSA) and ecasound. this is what I've done.

I have 2 loopback card

hw:1 and hw:2

I can send audio from hw:1 to hw:2 with:

# ecasound -i alsaplugin,1,1 -o alsaplugin,2,0

BUT...

warning! playback underrun - samples lost! Break was at least
-757531646.38 ms long.
warning! playback underrun - samples lost! Break was at least
-757531646.34 ms long.
warning! playback underrun - samples lost! Break was at least
-757531022.53 ms long.

if I try using -B:rt

ecasound -i alsa,loop1out -o alsaplugin,0 -B:rt

Everything works fine the first 8-10 seconds... then underruns again.

finally, no matter if I use -z:intbuf , -b:xx, -z:db, -f:xx,yy,zz,
etc, etc... I always get a lot of underruns....

ps: I'm running as root

Thanks