Re: [ecasound] Smooth on-the-fly volume control?

From: textchimp <textchimp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 06:47:17 EEST

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied. It looks like Kai's suggestion of "cop-set"
does just what I need - and furthermore, this command does not break the
server-mode (as in maxing out the CPU) the way that the combination of the
"c-clear" and "cs-option" commands did, when sent via telnet. So I can now
change the volume of my radio stream remotely, without interrupting it.

The MIDI control option also seemed like it might be useful, but I couldn't
find a simple command-line program to send specific MIDI events to a
particular channel/controller...

Thanks for the help guys.

-Luke