Re: [ecasound] ecasound+jack silent stop, silent data loss

From: Paul Knowles <Paul.Knowles@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 15:06:28 EEST

Hullo,

>On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Paul Knowles wrote:
>> I have made one change: using using `-i:alsahw,0' instead
>> of '-i:jack_alsa' and it is getting data. First indications
>> (1 hour of data) is that there have not been dropouts.
>> However, I can ask for -t:9900 but not -t:10000 for
>> recording times. With times above 10^4, in this
>> configuration, ecasound quits with:
>>
>> (audioio_alsa) Using interleaved stream format.
>> ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-ALSA: Audio
>> ... format not supported."
>
>hmm, I've today tried to reproduce this problem on my machines, but
>without success. The problem sounds like a parsing bug, because otherwise
>the processing length has no relation to ALSA parameters.
>
>It's been a long time since you reported this issue, but if it's still a
>problem (or someone else has noted the same issue), I'd welcome tips on
>how to reproduce this.

 The daq machine in question has had a nervous breakdown and
has required a totally rebuild (MB, discs, everything). I
am now approaching a stable system where I can begin testing
again. I'll let you know...

thanks,

Dr. Paul Knowles. phone: 41 26 300 90 64
email: Paul.Knowles@email-addr-hidden Fax: 41 26 300 97 47
finger me at pexppc33.unifr.ch for more contact information