Re: [ecasound] LAME Encoder Settings

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 21:22:44 EEST

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Keith Creasy wrote:

> How can I set the parameters for MP3 encoding using ECI? Specifically, I
> want to be sure I am using the "fast-encoding" setting.

I'm afraid you can't. The MP3 encoding, as well as many other params are
read from ecasoundrc (see the ecasoundrc(5) man page) when ECI is initialized
and cannot be later changed during the session.

As a crude hack, you can put a custom ecasoundrc file to some directory
(e.g. "/tmp/foo/.ecasound/ecasoundrc"), point "HOME" to it (e.g.
"/tmp/foo", and this way force ECI to use your application's settings.

In future releases, a nicer way to achieve the above is needed.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv