Re: [ecasound] Environmental tweaks

From: Dubphil <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 23:50:02 EEST

Klaus Schulz a écrit :
> I have the feeling that ALSA and my snd-usb-audio driver might bear some tweak potential.
>
> However tweaks above brought me again a big step forward.

Something that should improve a lot :

add the option nrpacks=1 to the module snd-usb-audio and check this :
$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -e CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL -e USB_BANDWIDTH

if the output is this :

CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
# CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH is not set

you are okay :) You can put a period of 3 to jackd and tweak the frames as
you need.

if not, good kernel compilation !

Regards

Philippe

ReSent-Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 01:13:06 +0300 (EEST)
ReSent-From: Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@email-addr-hidden>
ReSent-To: ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden
ReSent-Subject: Re: [ecasound] Environmental tweaks
ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0704180113060.3053@email-addr-hidden>