Re: [ecasound] Simple MIDI?

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 02:41:31 EET

On Sunday, 4 March 2007 00:26, Dave Serls wrote:
> I keep getting "MIDI-to_audio stream does not support io_write,
> io_readwrite"
>
> for stuff like
>
> ecasound -i file.mid -o alsaseq,129:0 where the output is a fluidsynth
> input port, and the input is rawmidi. Is there any magic syntax for this?

As Kai said, eca's alsaseq driver was written only for controller/sync
messages in mind, not as a full MIDI file player.

I don't know about your exact requirements, but if you only want to render a
MIDI file using fluidsynth, you can use a command like this:

$ fluidsynth soundfont.sf2 midifile.mid \
          -i -n \
          -o audio.driver=file \
          -o audio.file.name=audiofile.raw

The output will be an audio file in raw format (no headers), signed 16 bit PCM
interleaved stereo 44.1 KHz. This format is suitable as input for ecasound.

Regards,
Pedro