[ecasound] preliminary report on ecaspace.el

From: David O'Toole <dto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 18:25:34 EET

Hello ecasound folks. I spent the last two days hacking on ecaspace.el
and have some preliminary results to report.

In short, it is working. This morning I made a simple multitrack
recording with ecaspace.el. There is one stereo track (Yamaha RGXA2
electric guitar -> VOX Tonelab -> Delta 1010) and a mono track (Shure
SM57 -> Audio Buddy -> Delta 1010).

The website, code, and cool screenshot are available from
http://dto.freeshell.org/notebook/EcaSpace.html

There is currently no documentation. The user interface is also clunky
and needs work. But the hard part is complete: I've learned how to map
my workflow ideas onto Ecasound's ECI featureset. So I consider this a
success :-) and I will continue working on it. I've decided to force
myself to use Ecaspace instead of Ardour, that will motivate me to
write ecaspace much faster :-)

--
David O'Toole
dto@email-addr-hidden