Re: [ecasound] Mishandling of weird characters in file arguments?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 22:09:24 EET

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, icosa atropa wrote:

> I'm using ecasound v2.4.2, packaged with Ubuntu breezy; I took a peak
> at the ecasound changelog and didn't see problem mentioned. Hopefully
> I'm not too out of date here.
> --------
> Ecasound dependably chokes on files containing weird characters,
> commas in particular.

fixing these "commas in filenames" problems is finally completed in 2.4.5
(and already in CVS). Background for this can be also found at:
  - https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1456510&group_id=4605&atid=104605

>> ecasound -i "snip/22-Drum_Machine,_Cello,_Headwrap.mp3"
>> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine\,_Cello\,_Headwrap.mp3
>> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine,_Cello,_Headwrap.mp3
> etc. do *not* work, failing with the comment

Of the above, the first one will now work with 2.4.5. The second one fails
to work due to shell espacing and cannot be fixed in ecasound. The last
one will continue to be unsupported by ecasound.

But the ability to use doublequotes to protect filenames, should help
greatly in writing scripts and other some similar uses.

For instance, "ecaplay *.mp3" now correctly handles filenames containing
commas, whitespace, etc

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv