Re: [ecasound] iam rewind

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 18:40:57 EET

Hello,

coming back to an old bug report from February this year.

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, hardware@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> Typing stop and then start does not resume playing at the same playing at
> the same place. It starts playing about 4 seconds later than where it was
> stopped.
[...]
> Also, perhaps for related reasons, typing rewind 0 while it is playing
> actually forwards the playback by about 4 seconds.

This rather annoying problem has been finally fixed in CVS, and will be
part of the upcoming 2.4.5 release. Thanks for the bug report!

> Also, ecasound-iam(1) explicitly says, "Note! All input object names are
> required to be unique" but does not enforce this. ai-list will list the
> same file twice. I can see from /proc/<PID>/fd/ that ecasound has one
> file descriptor for each item in the ai-list, even if that means having
> two file descriptors for the same file. I can see reasons for doing this,
> but it is confusing because it contradicts the documentation.

This issue is also solved. I've reviewed the related code, and decided to
relax the requirement for uniqueness. The man page now reads:

--cut--
dit(ai-select 'aobject_name', ao-select 'aobject_name')
Selects an audio object. 'aobject_name' refers to the string
used when creating the object (see above). Note, in the case
a chainsetup contains multiple inputs, or outputs, with
identical namem 'ai-select' and 'ao-select' will select
the first matching instance. In order to select a specific
instance, the 'ai-iselect' and 'ao-iselect' commands need to
be used. em([-])
--cut--

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv