Re: [ecasound] delta-66 4 output card, accessing individual outputs??

From: sara lidgey <slidgey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 23:37:57 EET

That didn't work, but thanks. It seems strange that this is so difficult. When using ecasound in interactive mode I've been adding outputs with this command:
ao-add jack_alsa

But how can I tell ecasound that the curently selected channel needs to be connected to alsa_pcm:playback_3 or playback_4 ?? It always just defaults to connecting to playback_1 and playback_2
It should be noted that i will eventually need all 4 channels going at once, so copying from one channel and then muting won't work.
Any help is appreciated.
--S

Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden> wrote: On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 08:23:55PM -0500, sara lidgey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experimenting with ecasound and an M-udio Delta-66 card. I'm using Fedora Core 5 with the kernel and various apps from Planet CCRMA. My setup works great for multi-track recoding with Ardour plus tons of other audio hi-jinx. Now I am working with ecasound and I need to know how to play a mono wav file out any of the 4 outputs on the Delta-66. What command would I use to, say, play sine.wav on the 3rd hardware output?
> I will eventually be using this with the eci in a c program.
> I'm experimenting with commands like:
> ecasound -i sine.wav -o alsahw,0,0
> and: ecasound -i sine.wav -o jack_alsa ( with jack started)
> but it either shows up at output 1 or none at all. Is there any good documentation about this someplace?

there are some examples in this document:

http://eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html

ecasound -i sine.wave -erc:1,3 -eac:0,1 -o alsahw,0,0

(* copy the signal from sine.wav, channel 1, to channel 3.
Then mute channel 1, i.e. amplify channel 1 by factor 0. *)

This routing can also be done in Jack.

Hope this helps (not tested)

> I will eventually be using this with the eci in a c program where 4 chains wil be outputing individually processed audio on the 4 separate outputs, if possible.

> Thanks,

Joel Roth