[ecasound] delta-66 4 output card, accessing individual outputs??

From: sara lidgey <slidgey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 03:23:55 EET

Hi,

I'm experimenting with ecasound and an M-udio Delta-66 card. I'm using Fedora Core 5 with the kernel and various apps from Planet CCRMA. My setup works great for multi-track recoding with Ardour plus tons of other audio hi-jinx. Now I am working with ecasound and I need to know how to play a mono wav file out any of the 4 outputs on the Delta-66. What command would I use to, say, play sine.wav on the 3rd hardware output?
I will eventually be using this with the eci in a c program.
I'm experimenting with commands like:
 ecasound -i sine.wav -o alsahw,0,0
and: ecasound -i sine.wav -o jack_alsa ( with jack started)
but it either shows up at output 1 or none at all. Is there any good documentation about this someplace?
I will eventually be using this with the eci in a c program where 4 chains wil be outputing individually processed audio on the 4 separate outputs, if possible.

Thanks,