Re: [ecasound] stabilty & reliability

From: Jure Pečar <pegasus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 03:21:06 EEST

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:49:43 +0100
John Rigg <eca@sound-man.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been recording for around 5 months using the patches and workarounds
> described above, with excellent results and reliability.

Sorry, I've somehow managed to miss your first mail ...

No, I don't have a 64bit machine. It's a plain "old" dual xeon rack server. Also, I'm doing recording only, so no duplex here. I'm surely going to dig about that alsa pcm_multi interaction with realtime kernels to see if I come up with anything similiar to what I'm seeing ...

You say that realtime kernel patch is not strictly necessary for multichannel recordings? That would certainly simplify some things ...

Also, your site was a great help for putting things together. Keep up the good work!

--
Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/